Reporting to: Design Director
Location: London with travel in the UK required
Salary Band: £28-£32,000
Trees for Cities has a strong track record of delivering bespoke, high quality Edible Playgrounds and urban tree planting and landscape projects. We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled Landscape Design Manager (LDM) to join our team. Whilst the role will be based in London, the LDM’s portfolio will mainly be located outside of London and across the UK. This will require regular travel and overnight stays to support project scoping, surveying and delivery. The LDM will be able to operate independently but supported by the leadership of TfC’s Design Director.
You will be an experienced and skilled landscape architect / designer, educated to Degree level. Ideally recently qualified to Masters level and actively seeking Landscape Institute or other professional chartered status. You will have between 3- 5 years’ experience working in a similar field and will be proficient in using Vectorworks or similar digital programmes. You will work be responsible for the production of high quality visuals and technical details as well as project reports, site surveys and good attention to detail.
Who we are
Trees for Cities is the only charity working on an international scale to create greener cities. We have been in existence for 25 years engaging communities to deliver trees and food growing in parks, streets, schools and housing estates across the UK, as well as internationally, revitalising these areas and improving the lives of the people who live in them. We strengthen communities through volunteering opportunities and inspire children to grow and eat good food and to connect with nature.
What we want
- A creative and ambitious individual who is self driven and has a flare for design, delivering creative projects that can showcase Trees for Cities’ Edible Playground and urban tree planting and landscape projects
- Excellent attention to detail and technical ability on all design work to produce a high quality end product
- A strong team member with the ability to communicate effectively within the team, across the charity and externally, building excellent relationships with project partners
- A well organised individual who can work as part of a team to develop well structured and streamlined administrative systems
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly within a busy team and fast-paced working environment
How to apply
Click here to view full job description on our website.
Download and complete the application form and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Landscape Design Manger’. Please submit two pieces of work that are relevant to the job description and demonstrate your skills and capabilities.
Closing date to apply is 12 noon, Thursday 28th February 2019.
Interview dates 7th and 8th March 2019.
Trees for Cities is an equal opportunities employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.