Reports to: Development Director / Deputy Chief Executive
Working Hours: Full time
Location: Office-based in Kennington SE11 (or hybrid working arrangement)
Salary: £26,000 to £28,000 per annum - dependent on experience
Closing date to apply: 30th September 2021. We reserve the right to offer the job before that cut-off date if a suitable candidate emerges.
Trees for Cities is the only charity working on a national and international scale to improve people's lives by planting trees in cities. Our aim is to engage communities and people to plant, protect and promote urban trees across the UK and around the world, revitalising these areas and improving the lives of the people who live in them.
PURPOSE OF JOB
We are looking for a confident and proactive individual to develop and coordinate Trees for Cities’ annual programme of community urban forest projects in London, ensuring that projects are financially viable and target areas of greatest need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop projects to plant and establish trees and woodland habitat across London’s public realm in parks and open spaces, housing estates, hospitals and streets, in line with an annual business plan.
- Develop and nurture strong working relations with stakeholders including landowners and funders. Key stakeholders include local authorities, social housing landlords, and the London Urban Forest Partnership.
- Work with project partners and use open-source data to ensure that projects target areas of greatest need, as indicated by data relating to social and environmental deprivation including Indices of Multiple Deprivation, canopy cover data and other environmental parameters.
- Develop and secure project partnership agreements with landowners, including a project budget, key deliverables, anticipated outcomes and funding plan. Partnership agreement should include an agreed contribution of funding from each landowner partner.
- Lead the development of multi-year strategic partnerships with local authorities and other landowners.
- Lead the promotion of the Tree Cities of the World programme with local authorities in London, helping to promote standards of urban forestry in the capital.
- Work closely with the Projects Team to ensure projects are delivered on time, in line with partner and funder objectives, and within allocated expenditure budgets.
- Work with the fundraising teams (grants, corporate and individual giving) to secure income for the London urban forest programme in line with annual targets.
- Provide project and budgetary information as required to leverage funding and to support high standards of account management and stewardship for all funding partners.
- Work with the schools team to maintain an awareness of schools projects in London and to present cohesive packages to local authorities, particularly through strategic partnerships.
- Support the Marketing & Communications team to raise awareness of our London urban forest programme. Generate content for website, e-newsletter, annual report, social media, press releases, and partner/sector communication channels. Be the spokesperson for the London urban forest programme and represent Trees for Cities at key planting events as required.
- Work with the Impact team to evaluate the success of the London urban forest programme and to create annual impact reports for funders and partners. Maintain effective monitoring processes, project and funding records, and generate key messages that communicate the impact of each programme.
- Maintain funding files and record information on internal systems including Zoho, Donorfy, iPlicit and Salesforce. Carry out all necessary administrative tasks related to the London urban forest programme.
- Work as a strong member of the development team; we are a high-performing team that works collaboratively and supportively to drive the charity forward.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to view the full job description.
Please do apply early as we may choose to interview before the date above.