Take a look at our range of air pollution resources including lesson plans, school toolkits, and interactive air quality maps:
Introduction to Air Pollution
- How Can Schools Plant Healthy Air? - A short introduction as to how schools can plant healthier air through the power of trees.
- Lesson plan for KS1/KS2
- Lesson plan - cause cards
Links to free downloadable primary school resources on air quality from external organisations including Global Action Plan, Idling Action, London Sustainability Exchange and Friends of the Earth.
- Global Action Plan: London Schools Pollution Helpdesk - A free-to-use service supporting London schools to take action on air pollution.
- Transform our World: Clean Air for Schools Framework - An online tool to help every school create a tailored clean air action plan to tackle air pollution in and around the school.
- Transform our World: Clean Air Detectives - Your Key Stage 2 class can become clean air detectives with workshop plans from Transform our World.
- Idling Action: School Toolkit Download - Event and workshop toolkits for schools to deliver their own anti-idling and air pollution campaign and student workshops.
- LSX: Cleaner Air 4 Primary Schools Toolkit - A 12-week timeline of air quality activities and school toolkit, including curriculum links, citizen science, school building audit and travel plans.
- Friends of the Earth: Clean Air Schools Pack - Lesson plans, a school assembly and colourful posters of plants that reduce air pollution.
AIR QUALITY MAPS
Links to interactive maps to search your school’s air quality and nearest monitoring station: