We have been recognised both within the UK and internationally for our commitment to creating a greener, healthier planet. Here are some of our achievements and awards...
- At the London Tree and Woodland Awards, we won the the Community Tree Award for our tree planting work at Furze Green in Tower Hamlets, an area that had one of the lowest tree cover densities in London. We were also highly commended for our Planting Healthy Air project at Grange Primary and for our national street tree sponsorship scheme Trees for Streets.
- We were selected as a Top Innovator by the World Economic Forum's UpLink as part of their BiodiverCities Challenge. Our winning solution was based on our vision that every child growing up in a city should have access to a healthy outdoor learning environment.
- We won the Enivironment and Conservation category at the 2021 Charity Awards in recognition of our Edible Playground programme.
- The Big Issue selected us in their Top 100 - Thinkers, Changers and Agitators who were changing the world in 2020.
- The Charity Times Awards highly commended us in the Charity of the Year: with an income of £1 million - £10 million category.
- We took home bronze at the Charity Film Awards for our inspiring short film about our Edible Playgrounds work (below).
- The London Tree and Woodland Awards saw us win the Tree Council Trees and Learning Award for our Planting Healthy Air project in partnership with St Paul's CE Primary School and Hammersmith & Fulham Council. We were also highly commended in the Tree and Business Award category for our Greening the City work with Bloomberg.
- Our Deputy Chief Executive won Supporting Executive of the Year at the Charity Time Awards.
- Our Edible Playground work that was supported by our corporate partner Bulb saw us crowned winners in the Corporate Social Responsibility Project of the Year category at the Charity Times Awards.
- We won the Tree and Business Award category at the London Tree and Woodland Awards for our work with New World Payphones to plant more trees in Barking and Dagenham.
- Our tree planting at King George's Field in Ealing saw us win The Community Woodland Award at the London Tree and Woodland Awards.
- Between 2008 - 2015, we planted 2,000 street trees across 12 London Boroughs as part of our Mayor of London Street Tree Programme 2008-15. This tree planting project saw us win the Street Tree Award at the London Tree and Woodland Awards.
- We won the RE:LEAF Creative Award for our Blue Tree Project with the City of London to highlight the decline of urban tree stock in London.
Donate to Trees for Cities and together we can help cities grow into greener, cleaner and healthier places for people to live and work worldwide.Donate